Friday, June 01, 2012

Fists and Lipsticks 2 Hardcover pictures

So I went to sleep with this hot momma on my head. And when I woke up, I started reading it like a psycho human being. I'm proud to announce that I'm now in Chapter 10, hehe.

Now my hyena grin is going beyond my ears.

Due to requests I'm receiving, here are more pictures of the hardcover book of Fists and Lipsticks. I had Pamie to owe this one. Remember Pamie Victors, the awesome trailer maker? This printed copy of F&L is actually her birthday gift to me (which is delayed for 15 days due to shipping problems from Lulu.com). Awesome huh?

Pictures taken from my iPhone+Instagram:

The cover page. The text that says 'The Silver Crescent' is embossed gray. It has a matte texture.



Removing the jacket, it's bound by green leather-like material. I placed some self-stick plastic cover for additional protection from wear and tear. The thickness is around the same as the 4th  Harry Potter book (Goblet of Fire), about 2 cm thicker than the hardcover of Twilight, then about a half inch longer in dimension.  It consists of 700+ pages. The paper used is white with some little gray little hairlike strands going on. Slick one right there.


The very first page of the book. It happens to be Meia's favorite page too.
The green star is a sticker, not an actual print. Pamie placed it there - and it glows in the dark. Cool huh?

"Do you want glow-in-the-dark stars on your ceiling too?" - The second page you'll see after flipping.

Title page. Looks neat and simple. I like it.

The chapter I'm reading right now. And so far I've caught around 3-4 grammar mistakes. 
Nah, too lazy (and too late) to correct them now. Lol.

Going back to page one - this is how the prologue looks like.





I particularly liked how the POV chapter of Kim Yoon Jae turned out. With the lullaby on the left side, it really looks nice on print. The book suddenly looked like a classic poem collection rather than a novel.

 The medical case report texts from 'Sessions' chapters looked pretty nice too.


Regarding the questions as to how much this would be or whether I'd be selling this in printed form, for now my answer would be 'no'. The reason is that I wanted to finish Book 1 first - and finishing Book 1 will be double the job as Book 2. As you would know, Book 1 is written in 'manga format' rather than in 'novel form' (hence the occasional use of emoticons and non-descriptive narration). I'm planning to re-write Book 1 in 'novel format' this time and at the same time to some revisions to the plot inconsistencies in the story. I'm also planning to add additional never-before-seen scenes in Book 1 so watch out for that. I'm gonna do my best to tie the remaining loose ends too. And by that time I release Book 1 and probably publish it too via Lulu, that's when I would also release Book 2. Then I would release the upcoming retcon Fists and Lipsticks: Cross exclusive in E-book format.

For now, you guys can download the official PDF of Fists and Lipsticks 2 (http://www.mediafire.com/?jygd0iz4z4c8smp) and read it via your laptop/iPod/iPhone. You can also print it if you want, but please don't sell it. Don't sell it because I don't plan on selling it either. If ever I'd make the printed hardcover version of F&L2 open to the public, readers will only have to pay for the printing cost and nothing goes to me.  And uh, I can't give out the printed version for free either. I would if I could, you know. But given my meager financial status, if I did something like that, I'll have to sell my house and my body and probably live in the streets to become a scavenger or something. Hehe.

Thank you readers for your continued support. This wouldn't be possible without you guys, so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

-Hiro

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:11 AM

    gosh. hiro! i also want that book!!! but since it's still not available for purchase, i would be willing to wait! even if it would take me forever! hahaha!!!! and i'm also excited for the updates of F&L1, F&L: Cross, and VC!!!!!!! thank you for everything! God bless you! ^^~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 AM

    tell me when you willing to take request for hardcover because i really like to have it for my books collection.
    thank you for the great story of F&L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:23 AM

    Wow...! O.o that's really, really great! *btw, when is the promised update for Vena Cava??!!!


    -from a fan that doesn't wish to be known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:24 AM

    Are you going to write more one-shots? I really loved your Bridge over Rope and 100 goodbyes.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:57 PM

    Hi, I just finish F&L-2 and its amazing! i was wondering when will F&L:Cross will be out? im so addicted to your story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Wow!i also want the book!!!it looks great hiro!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:43 PM

    I love your stories and honestly, if you ever sold them, I would probably be one of the first in line to buy them all. I love to add these books to my bookshelf. ~Lady Elladora Black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Oops, I meant I'd*

    ~Lady EB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:16 PM

    I've read F&L Book1 and 2 already! Great book <3 Amazing twists from beg. to end. I'm looking forward to reading F&L Cross. Waaaa! #excited

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:28 AM

    you really are a great author! I <3 Fists and Lipsticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:46 PM

    Hi! Just wanna tell you that YOU ARE SO AWESOME! Haha. My friend gave me a copy of Fists and Lipsticks 1 a few years back, but it was only recently that I actually read it. And while reading it, I was like 'Wth, why didn't I read this before?' Seriously! I was so caught by your story that after I finished Book 1, I just had to find that sequel. Fortunately, I was able to download it from one of the links you provided (and really, thank you!!!). Just finished reading Fists and Lipsticks 2: SIlver Crescent as of this time of writing!:) And just like before, the moment I started, I just couldn't stop! It was like one hell of a roller coaster ride (reading that story, that is)! The twists and turns always leave me askdgkslasjh (yes, I couldn't explain that, either). Hahaha. Anyways, that's it. Hope you'll continue writing cause you really have that talent. God bless you.:) P.S. I'll be waiting for Fists and Lipsticks: Cross. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for fists and lipsticks!! You are an awesome writer!!

    Can't wait for book 3 :) The trailer of book one and two was nice too.

    ReplyDelete